Tuesday, October 10, 2017

CAS Cards with the new Soar Collection of clear stamps

Hello!  Recently I was asked to make some cards with a back to school theme.  One can only do so many apple-themed cards and then I remembered the new Soar Collection.  Every single quote was perfect for reminding each child or young adult how special and capable they are.  


This modern lettering just went perfectly with a cute and fun stamp set from Mama Elephant Up up and Away.  I simple masked a blue area and popped up the bunny.





This moon card could not be simpler to make.  I punched out (yes, I still have punches because they are so easy and quick) and used different shades of gray Copics to give my moon some craters.  Splatter some gold and silver Finetec mica paint and instant stars.  The quote was embossed in white.  So simple, quick, yet striking.


I liked the moon card so much I made another and added just a touch of Distress Oxide Inks to the black card stock. It was a lot faster than creating a galaxy background from scratch but I think it works!  What do you think of it?  Adding the Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud Borders made it easy to add the stamped sentiment to the bottom.



Since I was on such a roll with this set, I went ahead and made another card with the remaining sentiment/quote.  I LOVE butterflies so I knew anything that mentioned wings would be an opportunity for me to add butterflies. The Memory Box Fairyland Butterflies die cut out of watercolor paper and colored with inks paired up perfectly with the Rumi quote.  I also added a layer of shimmer on the butterfly with some Wink of Stella glitter.


 You can tell I really love this Soar Collection stamp set!  I think you will too!



Soar Collection - Clear Stamps

Soar Collection  (Quietfire Design)
Soar Collection (Elizabeth Craft Designs)



2 comments:

Art By Wanda said...

All fabulous cards, Diana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

All your cards are great !! But my preference goes to the moon ones, so stunning!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...