Thursday, September 14, 2017

If I Had A Star - Sheri Holt, Guest Designer



I am happy to be at Quietfire today sharing a card that was really a happy accident. Let me explain....



I recently received Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks and couldn't wait to play around with them. I just picked some pretty colors that I thought went together and started blending the colors on different types of scrap papers. 
After covering the scraps and blending together, I started spritzing them with water and sat back to watch the magic happen. They were TOO PRETTY to waste so I cut my practice pieces to size and added the strip to a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" purple card base to match.


I stamped the sentiment from IfI Had A Star in black ink and simply added some tiny star confetti glitter.


I just hate to waste scraps! Adding a beautiful sentiment like this one is such a great way to turn your scraps into a special gesture for someone. And perfect for mailing.

{Sheri said she thought this card was too simple to use for a guest designer post, but I LOVE it and told her I wanted it!  Sheri can be found on her blog with lots of other awesome cards HERE.  Thanks Sheri!}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...