Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Die Cuts on a Gel Plate; All Hearts Come Home For Christmas; Calligraphic Elements 1


Hi There!!!  It's Wanda here today with a Christmas card to share.

I hadn't had my gel plate out in awhile and could hear it calling my name, lol.  Besides it gives us another wonderful way to use die cuts!!  I had already decided I was going to use the new QF stamp, All Hearts Come Home, and that helped me choose a die cut (Calligraphic Elements 1 heart)  to use as a mask in printing.  

I brayered the 6" x 6" plate with green paints.



Next I placed the die cut hearts over the paint.  When using die cuts as masks you need to place them on the plate with the back of the die cut facing up so that when you pull the print they will show up the right direction.  


I placed the white cardstock over the plate, rubbed/pressed really well and pulled the print.


Next I removed the die cuts from the plate and tried to pull a ghost print but the paint was too dry...  


so I brayered pink paint over the plate and then pulled another print.  I'll save this print for another project. 


I was thinking I'd leave the hearts white on my first print but after trimming the paper down I decided I'd like red better.  First I inked over it with Worn Lipstick and used a damp cloth to clean excess ink off the top of the paint.  That wasn't really dark enough so I did it again with Festive Berries. 


To finish the background I splattered gold paint over the whole piece and dried it.  I then used embossing ink and gold tinsel embossing powder around the edges.


The quote was stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and die cut using a stitched circle die.  All dies I used are from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  This circle was layered to more die cut circles, both stitched circles and dotted scallops.

I die cut, inked, highlighted and assembled the poinsettia (Susan's Garden Notes).  In the center of the poinsettia is Prills.  The greenery is cut with double sided adhesive on top and then glittered.



4 comments:

Charmaine Stack said...

Pure genius! I love the effect and the gold spatter really finished it nicely. Have not tried Lumiere paint with my gel plate. Must give it a try!

Quietfire said...

Gorgeous Wanda! <3

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Charmaine!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Suzanne!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...