Friday, May 20, 2016

Memories - I am the Connections

Hi there!  It's Suzanne here today.  Well, I'm sure by now you've seen this card.  Now I'm going to tell you how to make it!
 
 
The Memories die is just one of the new dies released this spring and expands the A Way With Words collection to 29 dies and sets.
 
I am seriously in love with Maja Designs paper.  I love the shabby look, but seldom have the time to create it myself from scratch, so this solves my problem!  And there is lots of opportunity to use tone on tone.
  
Here are the supplies you will need to make this card.
 
 
 
Supplies:
A Way With Words Memories die  Quietfire | Elizabeth Craft Designs

Quietfire Design I am the Connections
Tsukeniko/Imagine Crafts Midnight Black stamp ink
Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Ovals 
Elizabeth Craft Designs Soft Finish Cardstock in Lavender
Maja Designs Cardstock
Distress Ink Tattered Rose
Tape runner
Copier or Laser Printer
Laminator
Laser Jet white paper
 
Instructions:
  1. Form a tent fold card base from dark pink cardstock measuring 6.25 x 5.75".
  2. Cut a rectangle from striped cardstock measuring 3.5 x 5.75" and a panel of polka dot cardstock measuring 5.25 x 3.75".
  3. Laser printer copy made from the die.
    Stamp sentiment and trim cardstock to create a panel which fits stamped image.  Mat this panel with a panel of dark pink cardstock measuring 1/8" larger.
  4. Die cut Memories from lavender cardstock.
  5. Designer Becca Feeken first made me aware of the possibility of surrounding a diecut with a gold foiled border.  You may see her video tutorial here.  Here is how I created my version. I placed my die on the glass and made a copy onto white laser paper. If I used heavier paper, my laminator wouldn't heat up hot enough and the foil didn't stick everywhere... :-(   You MUST make a laser (toner) copy, not one from an inkjet printer.
  6. 
    Cover photocopied image with foil and run through laminator.
    Trim your printed copy a bit and send it through the laminator with the foil gold side up, directly on top of the toner. Wrap up your foil-covered image in a separate sheet of folded paper.  (The folded paper keeps everything together and insures you don't laminate any gold to the inside of the machine!) 
  7. Remove the foil sheet from the surface of the image and admire the shine!  
    Diecut the gold foiled image with a Stitched Oval die. Adhere die cut on the foiled surface.
  8. Sponge Tattered Rose around the edge of the oval diecut.
  9. Assemble the card as shown in the photo alternating foam and double-sided tapes to give some layers dimension.
Designer Tip: You can substitute quotes or change the sentiment panel for a photograph.
 
Thanks for having a look!  I hope you love the new die designs!
Happy creating, Suzanne

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...