Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Live, Laugh Love Dies


Happy Wednesday!!  Today I'm sharing a tag that uses 3 of the brand new A Way With Words dies - Live (1164), Laugh (1163), and Love (1165).  I put double sided adhesive onto Elizabeth Craft Design's 85# soft finish cardstock and cut my words with the adhesive on the front of the words.  I then glittered each word with warm diamond silk microfine glitter and set them aside.  My tag is created from 100# soft finish cardstock using the Elizabeth Craft Designs die set, Tags & More 9 - Sparkle (1077).  After the tag was cut I colored it using Distress Spray Stains.  I sprayed shaded lilac, wilted violet, and broken china on my craft sheet not overlapping too much.  I shook and opened Distress Spray Stain brushed pewter and, using the stem of the spray part, shook some drops of the pewter over the sprayed colors.  Next I sprayed the tag with water and then pressed and smooshed it into the ink on the craft sheet.  I lifted the tag and dried it.  It could be dipped again, before or after drying, but I liked how it came out the first time.  I die cut one each of the Elizabeth Craft Designs die set Snowflakes (757) from a matte coated heavy white card and used these die cuts as masks.  I laid a snowflake on my tag and inked over it with Distress Ink broken china.  I did this about 3 times with each size of snowflake.  I kept the largest and smallest snowflake to layer onto the tag.  The large snowflake was left with the just the broken china ink.  The small snowflake was inked over with wilted violet creating a deep purple.  I cut one more small snowflake from the same card as the others and inked it with wilted violet.  Each snowflake was then inked with embossing ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  Onto all 3 of these snowflakes I added Elizabeth Craft Designs glitter dots.  The snowflakes are glued onto the tag just in the center.  The words are glued down completely.  Another tag was cut from white cardstock, cutting just the tag shape, no extra cut outs, and glued to the back allowing the white to show through the front of the tag.





8 comments:

Yogi said...

pretty have a great day

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Yogi!!!

C. M. Taylor said...

Very striking Wanda. I love the subtle snowflakes in the background. I'm glad you like the colors the first time around if you had dipped them again I think it would have taken on too much ink and been too dark. This was just perfect. TFS
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas.
May you always have enough. C

JazzyJane said...

Love the colours you used and the tag is beautiful.

Turid said...

You've put so much into this. Love how you used the pewter, and glittering the letters with tape already in place. Remember back when sizzix was the only die company? They sure have competition now!

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Colleen!!!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas also!!!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Tea!!!! Everyone has competition these day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...