Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A Smile is the Best Christmas Decoration - Christy Riopel - Guest Designer


Finding Inspiration in a Stamp.

I'm Christy Riopel and I'm am so excited to be guest blogging here this month.

I don’t know about you but scrapbooking the holidays can get a bit repetitive year after year. I find the best way to avoid that, and to keep my scrapbooking fresh and fun, I focus in on the details and the stories that make the season special.

 When I saw this stamp:

 
A Smile is the Best Christmas Decoration

… I knew the exact story I wanted to share using it.

I used the Dotted Harlequin stamp to create the watercolor effect that is my back ground.


Dotted Harlequin background


 I started by inking the stamp with a dye ink. Then I sprayed it with a fine mist of water.



To create the worn away edges I left the stamp unmounted and bent the edges as I stamped. This gives me the uneven edges and the water makes the ink run so that it looks painted on with water colours. I think the effect is very pretty and soft.





Thanks for letting me share, and I hope you can find inspiration in your stamps to tell your stories.

Christy Riopel


Christy is a contributing editor to Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine.
 

You may find her on the web here!
 www.ChristyRiopel.com
Facebook



8 comments:

Robyn said...

thanks Christy! feeling inspired! to get those photos out of the drawer!

Connie Nichol said...

looks awesome Christy! Love your background!!

Yogi said...

funny story. cute xmas ball. Have a great day

Christy Riopel said...

Thanks Robin

Christy Riopel said...

Thanks Connie!

Christy Riopel said...

❤️

Christy Riopel said...

Thanks Yogi

Joni said...

Like the background a lot - ad that's the best pink story ever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...