Friday, August 7, 2015

Believe - Guest Designer Chana Malkah



Hello, Crafty Peeps!
I am so excited to present this project as a Guest Designer for Quietfire Creations!



I was honored to be invited, and trust me, I agonized over what to create!  Eventually I created two projects using the Quietfire Believe Die.

Believe Craft Die


Project #1   An Upcyled Ping Pong Paddle




I was inspired by a project from Asmah Abidin.  She had the fabulous idea of upcycling a ping pong paddle.  I thought this would be the perfect showcase for the Quietfire Believe Die!

I sent my hubby off to the Goodwill. He returned with 2 paddles, and a Racketball Racket.  
He says he purchased the racket in self defense in case my inspiration took me in a different direction! (Translation no more sudden trips to the Goodwill. )




The elegance of this Quietfire "Believe Die"  really draws the eye into this design, I think!   
Quietfire offers a Believe Stamp Set that could be use to complement the die. 

I used exterior house paint as my base color and the just pulled items from my "stash" to complete the embellishments!


 The handle and rim were stained using Tattered Angels' Plain Jane Baseboard "Clay" and "Bittersweet" Semi Opaque Matte Mists. To brighten the palette a little, I added the orange-red flowers and a smattering of TH Abandoned Coral DI on the flourishes.


Project #2 - Journal


 Since both items will be given to the same person, I tried to mimic the color palette.  
This journal was ordered to be used in a place of worship, so the Believe die is perfect!



I resisted the temptation to make the spine and back more elaborate!  Very pleased with the decision to leave both black and add only random swipes of gold! 
 I covered the entire project with three coats of  Liquitex Professional Gloss Varnish...the effect is quiet lovely!




Chana was one of our prize winners not so long ago and shared a project she created using the prize and we were so taken with it, we asked her to be our guest designer!
Chana calls Decatur, Georgia home and is the queen of more than one blog.  You can find her at
and her Challenge Blog: 613 Avenue Create - Owner
She designs for 

  • Canvas Corp Brand (7 Gypsies, Tattered Angels, Canvas Home Basics)
  •  Earth Safe Finishes
  • 613 Avenue Create
  • Shopping Our Stash



12 comments:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Chana! Both projects are wonderful! The upcycled paddle is so cool! I love the scene you made and the Believe die just pops out in the scene. The journal is absolutely beautiful!

Chana Malkah said...

Suzanne and Robyn, Thanks so much for the honor of using your fabulous product! I love this die and I have already started a new project using it!

Chana Malkah said...

Thanks, Kathy Jo! The giveaway on your blog made this all possible, so double thanks!
Hugz,

D.Ann C said...

These are gorgeous!!

Yogi said...

beautiful projects. Love the ping pong paddle. textures are great. Have a great day

Anne said...

WOWZA! These are impressive and absolutely gorgeous! The inspiration to create such projects is beyond me! Bravo! Thanks for sharing!

Robyn said...

I'll never look at a paddle the same way again! Thanks for the inspiration!

Chana Malkah said...

Thanks, D. Ann!
Hugz,
Chana

Chana Malkah said...

Thanks, Yogi!
Hugz,
Chana

Chana Malkah said...

Thank you, Anne! I was a little intimated because Asmah original design was just gorgeous! But like most projects, once you get started, you begin to put "you" as a designer into the project and the intimidation fades!
Hugz,
Chana

Chana Malkah said...

I know right! Now, I simply must figure out what to do with the Racket Ball Racket! Thanks, again for the invite!
Hugz,
Chana

TracyM #6773 said...

I BELIEVE that BOTH of your projects are DELIGHTFUL Chana!!!
THANK YOU for sharing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...