Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Way with Words - Thinking of You, Friends

Welcome to A Way With Words!  Each day during this event we’re sharing projects made with the brand new Elizabeth Craft Designs word dies.  All these designs are from original hand lettering by Suzanne Cannon and can be found on the Quietfire site and on the Elizabeth Craft Designs site.  

Quietfire Design, Thinking of You, dies, Diana Nguyen, card
Diana here and I'm so excited to share the cards I made with the new word dies that I have two cards to show today.  The first one fits in a business envelope perfectly and was done with just a few items.  I first sponged a leafy sprig using a Heidi Swapp bird stencil with some Distress Ink Black Soot.  I then die cut the Thinking of You (at Elizabeth Craft Designs and at Quietfire Design) dies 7 times with different card stocks:  white, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet. 

I carefully glued each die together in ROYGBV order.  It gave my dies dimension and the side view is pretty neat too!  To pull in the colors a bit more, I added some tiny rhinestones.


For my second card, I took a simple A2 card base and cut an inch strip off.  I then glued the very top edge and bottom edge of the Friends die (at Elizabeth Craft Designs and at Quietfire Design) to adhere the pieces together.  It left a gap to see the inside of the card where I glued a strip of Shimmer Sheetz.  A bit more rhinestones to go with the sparkle and mirror effect and the card is done. 

Quietfire Design,Friends, Diana Nguyen, card, Shimmer sheetz

Hope you liked the cards and that it gave you some new ways to use these fabulous word dies!


8 comments:

Jean said...

Gorgeous!

Late Blooming said...

Oh...Love the layered thinking of You. die. beautiful

Yogi said...

lovely. Love the rainbow effect in the stacked words. Nice idea. Have a great day

KVencel said...

Diana, wonderful ideas. I love these "rainbow" type cards! They pack a lot of punch for their CAS style.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled onto your blog today and I absolutely love the word dies...so pretty and the font is so elegant. Jan D., FL

C. M. Taylor said...

Can't wait to get mine! Love the layering!

Anonymous said...

Great cards Diana! Especially like the Thinking of You card.

TracyM #6773 said...

STUNNING!!!
The MORE I see, the MORE I NEED them!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...