Monday, August 10, 2015

A Way With Words - Merry Christmas and Season's Greetings Mini Album!


Welcome to A Way With Words!  Each day during this event we’re sharing projects made with the brand new Elizabeth Craft Designs word dies.  All these designs are from original hand lettering by Suzanne Cannon and can be found on the Quietfire site and on the Elizabeth Craft Designs site.  

It’s Kathy Jo here today and I am beyond excited to share my project using two of the new dies, Merry Christmas and Season's Greetings.  




Merry Christmas - Metal Cutting DieSeason's Greetings - Metal Cutting Die 






I used both dies on a festive 5x7 Christmas album.  Full disclosure: this is the first time I have made an album.  I always thought that an album would be overwhelming or difficult but it was the opposite - it was easy to do using the new dies and stamps from Quietfire.  (I plan on making more!)
The Merry Christmas die was the focal point on the album cover. 
The first two album pages...
...have a sweet Santa scene on one page...
...and the next page has Quietfire's stamped sentiment, May your longest list this Christmas.  What a sweet sentiment!
Next we have a cute indoor stocking scene.
On the left is Santa filling the stockings with the wee ones looking on...
...on the right is Quietfire's stamped sentiment, Christmas is a piece of home.
The last two pages remind me of my hubby and I.  
The first sheet has a cover scene from The Saturday Evening Post and the heartwarming sentiment, My idea of a perfect Christmas.
The right side is an old postcard with snowflake tags:
The back of the album is a mirror of the front's layout.  The die used is the new Season's Greetings die.  Gorgeous die!
Thanks for visiting!  I really hope you enjoyed the new dies and stamps!  Don’t forget to stop by the Quietfire site and the Elizabeth Craft Designs site to see all of the lovely new dies!  

Big Crafty Hugs,
Kathy Jo

6 comments:

TracyM #6773 said...

DELIGHTFUL album Kathy Jo - LOVE IT from cover to cover!!!
These new word dies are WONDERFUL!!!

Jean said...

Amazing!

Yogi said...

pretty. have a great day

Robyn said...

Wow ! Kathy Jo! Lovely and so festive!

Penny Hanuszak said...

A friend sent me the link to your site and I was most impressed with this beautiful little Christmas memory album. The Merry Christmas and Seasons Greeting sentiment dies are so impressive. I just love all the swirls. Thanks for sharing your talents and sharing some nostalgic Christmas moments with the various pictures, papers, sentiment stamps and of course the dies. Love it all.

C. M. Taylor said...

Stunning work and great creativity!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...