Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Good Friends Are Like Snowflakes

quietfirecreations.blogspot.ca
Yogi here today with an Xmas card BIG GRIN. Loving this newest quote stamp from Suzanne. I kept it pretty simple - for me anyway...

Side fold a white card (5"w x 7"h)

On a separate piece of white cardstock misted with water on both sides (to prevent curling...), dabbed Distress stain daubers in "Broken China", "Chipped Sapphire" and hit here and there with "Picked Raspberry" & "Seedless Preserves".  Misted with more water and moved it around by tilting. Dried. Trimmed to size. Adhered a piece of Sari ribbon, vertically, wrapped around the edges. Adhered to my side folded my white card.

eCut and punched
out a bunch of snowflakes (Martha Stewart "Alpine Snowflake"; Paper Shapers "Ruby" & "Amethyst" snowflakes)  from white cardstock. Applied Versamark all over and embossed with holographic embossing powder and white/gold embossing powder.

Stamped the quote ("Good Friends Are Like...") using Distress pad "Broken China" and hit here and there with "Seedless Preserves" and stamped onto white cardstock. Trimmed down.

quietfirecreations.blogspot.ca

Started adhering my snowflakes and quote pieces in a pleasing manner on to the card front. A final touch was adding rhinestone stars to the centers of the smaller snowflakes and a large iridescent gem to the largest snowflake.

On the inside stamped the "Merry" & "Christmas" word snowflakes
("Snowflakes are Butterflies...") repeatedly using the Broken China. Stamped the "snowflakes" word with Versamark and embossed with silver embossing powder. Sponged some of the blue around the edges.

Click on any image to enlarge. Enjoy

8 comments:

TracyM #6773 said...

DELIGHTFUL!!!
I have this stamp out, waiting for a workout => THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION Yogi :)

KVencel said...

I love the effect more than one color gives to your sentiment! It adds a wonderful punch of color & draws your eye right to it. Clever! I may have to try that technique myself. Thank you for the idea!

Froggietalks said...

This is a gorgeous card Yogi. I just ordered this stamp, I may have to CASE your card.. I have no Distress daubers, but I'll make do :D

Dorina D said...

Beautiful card - love the colored background and the quote is a favorite of mine.

Shona Chambers said...

This is really stunning!! So glad you gave a description of how you created this as I couldn't work out how you got the different colours on your sentiment. Dabbing the stamps with the different Distress Inks is a brilliant idea, must try it myself! The background you created is spectacular and love all the glitter from your snowflakes. An amazing card and I'm so glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays.

Anne said...

oooh! This is beautiful! Thank you for the details too.....all I can say is lucky recipient!

Claire said...

Love how you've embossed these snowflakes...they look so pretty! And what a great sentiment too. Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

barbara macaskill said...

How beautiful!!! LOVE the snowflakes and the sentiment is perfecto!! TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...