Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Hug Book page: Friendship isn't a big thing

Hello!  Diana here sharing a page a made for a hug book.  If you're curious as to what a hug book is, here is a link to the post.  And here is the link to the hug book in the store.


I love clean and simple cards so I thought it would be pretty easy to make a flat example... and it's pretty flat except for the jewel embellishments.  I just could not resist using some new toys!  I had just picked up the Spellbinders Contemporary Circles die as well as some jeweled embellishments from the Scrapbook Convention last Saturday.  Unfortunately, in my eager state, I went and organized all my embellishments and tossed the packaging so I have no idea who made them.  :(  But I knew they would go perfectly with the new stamp  Friendship Isn't a Big Thing.  Friendship is worth more than any jewels and jewels are pretty precious even when though they come in little sizes.


To make my hug book page, I started with a sheet of black card stock sized 4 x 6.  The Contemporary Circle die is only 5 1/4 long but I got around that by cutting it and hiding the "missing" portion with a piece of wide, striped ribbon.  There is a quarter inch spacing on the left of the page so that I could stick it in the hug book and not lose any portion of my card.  The colorful background peaking out behind the die is a watercolor wash of some of my favorite shades.  I added the rhinestones to match.

Diana Nguyen, Quietfire Design, friendship, spellbinders

The friendship quote was stamped with Versafine black pigment ink and then clear embossed.  I matted it with a slighter larger black oval to tie in the ribbon and black page.  

Diana Nguyen, Quietfire Design, friendship, spellbinders



I hope you like it and try out making a hug book of your own!



3 comments:

KVencel said...

Wonderful design, Diana! The black & the bright colors set each other off beautifully.

Yogi said...

very nice. good tip for extending a die. Have a great day.

Mickey Drake said...

This is very pretty :) Thanks for sharing. I may just try layering with some die cuts I have here, using bright paper as the underlay. :) Thanks for the inspiration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...