Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Double Z Card - A Word Lovingly Written - A Book - HB

Yogi here today with a double "Z" card and using one of my favorite dies by Sue Wilson from Creative Expressions "Gemini - Delphinus"

I'm also using a quote stamps on the inside ("A Word Lovingly Written");  ("Nature Quote Marks" 7 pce set); ("Twirl & Enjoy" 3 pce set);  from Quietfire Design  and an eCut eCut  ("HB2U");  available on the Silhouette onLine store.

I Die cut my right and left side, then created my score lines... Since my cardstock was only 11"w, my front flaps were not 2.5" wide, so I added the green textured cardstock - it overlaps the fold edge by about 3/4".

I then added the ribbon stripe detail on either side.

Created a buckle type closure using white cardstock, scored and folded where needed and embossed with Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" embossing folder. Hit high points with "Crushed Olive" & "Bundled Sage". Adhered it to the back of the card. Created a loop to slip my belt into and adhered to the end of the left side piece.

eCut the HB2U ("HB2U"); and a shadow eCut as well from white cardstock/ Colored the top layer with Distress acrylic daubers "Broken China" and then some "Cracked Pistachio" wiping off the excess with a paper towel. Adhered it to the white shadow layer. Die cut the two ovals (Spellbinders "Beaded Ovals") and painted the larger one with the blue & green. The smaller one I sponged with "Forest Moss". Adhered everything together. Adhered to buckle loop.

Stamped the "Enjoy Your Day"  ("Twirl & Enjoy" 3 pce set); with Versafine Black Onyx, clear embossed and cut with my EK Success circle scissor. Adhered to the backside of the buckle loop.

Then back on the front side, added small white half pearls in each scallop, then added Glossy Accents around each bead. Now I'm positive those beads won't fall off...

 On the inside adhered the yellow striped floral scrapbook paper - (Reminds me of olden day wallpaper...).

Stamped the tower of books (Stampers Anonymous "Schoolhouse Blueprint" set), then scanned it, removed the blueprint lines and printed, then colored with watercolors. Fussy cut around it and adhered to the inside.

Stamped the two quotes  ("A Word Lovingly Written"); ("Nature Quote Marks" 7 pce set); using the black. Added the glittered butterfly (from a previous eCut project)

Hope you have fun trying this card structure. Click on any image to enlarge. Enjoy

1 comment:

Kathy Eddy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...