Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Some people, like flowers.....

 

Good morning everyone!
Yvonne here  today with a cute little gift box using Quietfire Design's Garden Delights (set of 8 stamps).

Besides cards I love making little gift boxes to make a present extra special, or...just to keep small precious things, notes and memories in....
A stamped sentiment makes the box just that little extra special and what better way than to use a beautiful sentiment as this one.

 
 

For my project I used an eco shape box I had in my stash (size appr. 4"x 4"x 2") with a lid on it.
First I glued little torn pieces of an old book page onto the box using some acrylic paint which I also used for the white wash effect.
Then used an ink blending tool and brown Distress ink to add that brown, worn/old look.
around the circle in the lid some twine was glued.
The sentiment is stamped onto white cardstock and glued under the opening in the lid.
Finish the box of with lots of mullbery flowers, leaves and some tiny wooden spools.
The music notes around the lid is made with washi tape.
The pink border is made using a Spellbinders die template.

Used materials:
 

I hope you like my little box and am looking forward to your comments.

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs from Holland,
Yvonne

6 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

This is just stunning and making me yearn for spring!

Jean said...

Beautiful!

KVencel said...

Such a beautiful project!

Art By Wanda said...

Gorgeous!!!

Yogi said...

very pretty. Have a great day

Anne said...

My flabber has been gasted! This is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...