Friday, April 4, 2014

Thank You - Gratitude - Easel Gelli Bkg'rd

card size closed: 7"w x 5"h
Yogi here today with my favorite backgrounds - Gelli Prints & dye inks... (PS - click on any image to enlarge - enjoy)

Creating the Gelli Print: I used Memento dye ink pads, but any juicy dye ink pad will work on cheap cold press watercolor paper.

I pounced "Dandelion" all over the Gelli plate, then did about 4 pounces of each of the next colors, overlapping them and angling my pad for each pounce "Tangelo", "Teal Zeal", "Lilac Posies". Then I brayered the Gelli plate to blend the square edges from the dye pads. Be careful if you brayer too much you'll get MUD... so just once or maybe twice over any area. Place a stencil over the Gelli Plate (Prima 12 x 12 #960445 - dots/circles) and pounce with a clean piece of paper towel to remove some of the dye ink from the opening in the stencil. Remove stencil and lightly mist with water and pull your print. Dry.

Don't bother cleaning your Gelli plate if you do more printing, adds character to subsequent prints. BIG GRIN

Then eCut my "Thank You" word. Carefully removed it from my mat, keeping all the little pieces (don't lose them...). I applied some Distress "Peacock Feathers" on the word only, and clear embossed.

Cut another piece of cardstock (white) the same size as my card front. Applied double side tape all over it and adhered the cut out Gelli plate print to it. I then inserted the embossed word and started inserting the little drop out pieces. When done, you can run your finger over the whole piece and it will be just one layer, no raised areas.

The white area you see above is the area where I still have to insert the drop out pieces and shows the double sided tape showing through.

I trimmed down my Gelli eCut piece. Wrapped a piece of pink twine around twice, adhering it to the back. Adhered the white lace around both side edges and top area using Allene's glue.

Die cut the flowers (Marianne Creatables LR0162) from some cheap felt (Michael's store) & hand painted canvas material I had left over from some journal projects. Shaped them and adhered the bottoms with hot glue, then hot glued them to the card.

Die cut the leaves (Memory Box "Sonora Rose") from another Gelli print background. This die has embossed vein leaves, so I lightly swiped the Peacock pad over the the leaves (the veins show up more now). Shaped them with a large balled stylus on a foam mat and adhered with the glue gun.

Added some floral buttons I picked up at the last sewing show. The dragonfly is a Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam cut out which I sprinkled with glitter. I added the white pearl heart shape (K&Co adhesive gems pkg.)

Adhered to the front of my my easel folded deep pink card.

 Stamped the lace floral background (Harmonie stamps) using Versafine Toffee and embossing with white embossing powder direct to floor.

Stamped the quote on a small piece of the Gelli background using Verafine Black Onyx and clear embossing. Trimmed close.

Die cut the border 3 times from a left over piece of the card using  (Marianne Creatables CR1242), then splicing them together. Adhered to floor with a double layer of 3D foam tape.

As a final touch added some pearl flourishes from the K&Co pkg & a small bow..






6 comments:

Holly said...

Totally gorgeous Yogi! Insetting to create a single layer- done beautifully here! Never tire of your easel cards- so pretty.

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Oh wow! I am speechless! That back ground is awesome! I have never heard of the Gelli plate before so I had to look it up and I am in love with all it can do! I'm definitely going to get one!

Jutta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jutta said...

Love. love, love, that back ground, Beautiful card Yogi!

Unknown said...

Very cool card, the background is my favorite part it's totally awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Yogi :) I tried finding the lace floral background stamp at Harmonie stamps, but can't find it. I really LOVE it, and would love to buy it, but don't know where to look. Is there a serial number on it, is it a Harmonie BRAND, stamp..? Any info you can give me would be so appreciated :) I think it compliments so very well, the Quietfire stamps you used, and since I love those stamps, I'd love to own the lace stamp to showcase them! :) Mickey Drake ( drakemickey@yahoo.ca )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...