Friday, July 19, 2013

Welcome Little One!


Good morning!  Sherry here today and I have a card to share with you . . . now don’t faint or anything, but I actually turned on my sewing machine and stitched on a card for the first time in months and months!

QFDBabyCard2

I used some old Graphic 45 Little Darlings 8x8 paper for the card, trimming the paper to fit a 5-1/2” square card.  The edges of the paper were sponged with Antique Linen Distress Ink and the bottom of the top layer was distressed to lay over the bottom.  A border was die cut/embossed with Spellbinders A2 Scalloped Borders One, which was also sponged in Antique Linen and then slipped under the distressed edge of the top layer.  All the top layers to the card were then stitched to a cardstock base.

The sentiment was stamped and embossed with Queen’s Gold Embossing Powder, then die cut/embossed with Spellbinders Ovals Small.  The layers behind the sentiment were die cut/embossed with Ovals Large and Beaded Ovals.

The ribbon was dyed with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and the tag (also from the Graphic 45 Little Darlings Collection) was tied to the bow.

QFDBabyCard

That’s all for me today!  Thanks for joining me.

SHERRY SIGNATURE

Project Supplies:

5 comments:

Janet L. said...

Very, very pretty!!

Quietfire said...

Oh, boy! This is gorgeous!! You're amazing Sherry - I know your schedule last night and let me say; you sure know how to work under pressure!

Janice said...

GREAT card, love all the layering.

Froggietalks said...

Stunning card Sherry, I love the colours you have used, and the scallops UNDER a layer of patterned paper is just awesome! :)

Yogi said...

beautiful
have a great day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...