Wednesday, June 26, 2013

If You Have Two Loaves/ I Write You Letters

Robyn here with two quick cards from stash with two of my favorite Quietfire Design quotes.
Both cards use the faux tile technique with Dreamweaver Stencils.
It's easier than it looks. 
This quote is thermal embossed in Versafine Imperial purple and I cut the label with my new digital cutter!!!!!
(more on that on my blog)


Run the grid stencil through your die cut or embossing machine, then tape it in place , tape another stencil on top and color.
Let it dry well, then with the grid stencil in place sponge on embossing ink , take off the stencil and clear emboss.
That's it in a nutshell.
I thermal embossed this quote on tracing paper so you could see the background.
The stencil is a bit detailed for this technique, and I was still fairly pleased with the result.

I constantly find new ways to use my Quietfire Design stamps- no dust on their rubber!
New stamps coming soon- please come back and visit us here often!

Comments and questions always welcome.

7 comments:

Jill P said...

very pretty cards

Yogi said...

nice. good use of the map
Have a great day

Quietfire said...

Oh, say! I think even I could do this! Thanks for the technique Robyn!

Froggietalks said...

These are gorgeous cards Robyn. Although I must say, I have used small white stickers to achieve a similar look to card #1. The stencil would be handier :)

~Heidi~ said...

What a beautiful card!

Robyn said...

I embossed the grid design first, so it gives a lot of dimension that strips wouldn't.
If I had a thicken embossing powder that would give even more depth.

Louise said...

Beautiful cards Robyn! This is one of my favorite techniques. Thanks for joining our challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...