Thursday, September 7, 2017

Acrylic Block Stamping with Oxide Ink; A Whisper on my Nose; Snowflakes


Hi There!!!  Wanda here today!!

I'm still playing with the Oxide inks.  I can't seem to leave them alone!!

Using an acrylic block as a stamp is a fun way to create a frame.  I like to leave the center lighter or without color so I inked the block around the edges.


If inks gets in too far I use a cloth (or my finger) to clean things up.
 



Spray the block with water.


Then stamp onto your paper.  Press hard to get the ink and water to blend and move.


Pull the block up.  Sometimes color will pull to the center....


If there is more than I want in the center then I blog it up with a cloth before drying.  It will leave some color behind but lightens up the center considerably.


I was going to use that piece to create my card but in the process of creating I smeared it pretty good and then had to start over.  At that point I decided I wanted a square card instead of a standard sized card.


After creating my frame using the acrylic block and ink, I stamped the "A whisper on my nose" quote in the square using a stamp platform and Versafine Ink Onyx Black.  The snowflakes are stamped with Distress Oxide Salty Ocean.  Even though that is the color used to create the blue frame the stamping still shows up over it.  The edges of the panel are distressed.  The next layer is White Soft Finish Cardstock inked with Distress Oxide Salty Ocean, dried and the edges distressed.  The large silver snowflake is cut from Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz using an Elizabeth Craft Designs die.  I attached the snowflake using a large silver brad.


4 comments:

  1. Another great technique, Wanda! I am so intrigued that the snowflakes in the same ink still showed up against the background. Very cool. Lovely card. Appreciate your honesty that things don't always go as planned, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Charmaine!!! The Oxide Inks are wonderful!!!

      Delete
  2. Wanda- this is so cool! The card has so much depth yet it is really not a thick card...which means easy to mail. (I have problems mailing mine easily!)

    Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy Jo!!!! Yep, definitely easy to mail for this one.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...