Friday, October 2, 2015

With Sympathy


I think Sympathy cards are so hard to make.  This one was especially hard as it was for a friend who lost her husband to cancer.  I wanted a card that showed I cared and took time to make.  After a couple of different starts, I ended up with this layered and flowered version.  

I made my white layers using the Sue Wilson Spanish Seville Die collection and popped up each layer.  I then die cut the With Sympathy metal dies twice - out of lavender and then darker purple card stock.  I glued them and created a shadow effect by offsetting them just a bit.  I then raided my Wild Orchid Flowers stash to created my floral sprays.  

Diana Nguyen, Quietfire Design, With Sympathy, die, Sue Wilson


Diana Nguyen, Quietfire Design, With Sympathy, die, Sue Wilson

With Sympathy - Metal Cutting Dies



8 comments:

Late Blooming said...

This is truly beautiful So thoughtful. Thanks for sharing

Yogi said...

lovely. Have a great day

Quietfire said...

Oh, boy, that's exquisite! Beautifully done Diana!

Mickey Drake said...

What a beautiful card, Diana. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend's husband. I'm sure she will really appreciate this beautiful elegant card which expresses your sorrow for her and her family.

Diana Nguyen said...

Thank you!

Diana Nguyen said...

Thanks, Yogi!

Diana Nguyen said...

I hope so; thank you for your kind words.

Diana Nguyen said...

Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...