Wednesday, October 14, 2015

If You Don't Believe in Miracles Burlap Canvas


Good Morning!!!!  Wanda here today to share a 4" x 6" burlap canvas I've created.  

I began by spraying Color Wash sprays (denim, sailboat blue, lettuce) onto the canvas.  While it was still damp, I scraped white embossing paste here and there, spreading it as flat as I could make it.  This was left to dry completely.  Next I added embossing paste through a stencil (Dreamweaver LJ907) in 3 areas and let it dry.  

The quote, If you don't believe in miracles, is stamped onto a square of torn natural muslin using Archival Ink jet black and dried.  I very lightly sprayed tumbled glass Distress Spray Stain over the square and dried it.  This square is attached with brads to a piece of Warm & Natural cotton batting cut with pinking scissors.  The next layer is a piece of corrugated packaging cut and torn to size.  Next is a piece from my scrap box that was left from THIS tutorial.  I cut the scrap to the size I wanted and even though it had paste, design and color on it already I ran it through an embossing folder (Elizabeth Craft Design 105 curvy leaves) and then used my finger to add a metallic rub (Treasure Gold) to help bring out the design.  I also rubbed some around the canvas edges.  I love that hint of metallic!!  These layers were attached to the canvas as shown.

I tore a strip of muslin, colored it with Distress Inks, wrapped it around the canvas and tied a double bow.  Over this I've glued a die cut flower (Elizabeth Craft Designs 964 Victorian Flower Set 1 and 965 Victorian Flower Overlay Set 1).  The flowers were cut from soft finish cardstock, color added with Distress Inks, and a brad to hold them together.  I had a left over leaf spray (Elizabeth Craft Designs 1034 Flourishes & Branches) already cut from manila cardstock.  I inked it with Distress Inks, cut it up, and glued on the pieces.  Finally I added a trinket pin, a mini paper clip, and a small heart embellishment.  The heart was colored with a drop of slate alcohol ink.



8 comments:

Yogi said...

very nice. Have a great day

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Yogi!!!

Late Blooming said...

Your color selection is beautiful. Very restful. Thanks for sharing

Art By Wanda said...

Thanks so much!!!!

Diana Nguyen said...

Wow - I've never tried stamping on muslin before. I bet it's harder than it looks to get such a good crisp image like you've done here. Love those flowers too! Beautiful!

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Diana!!! You'll have to try it!!!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

This project is awesome, Wanda. I would love to just sit with you a weekend and craft with you! I would learn so much!! And it would be a fun time, too. :)

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, K-Jo!!!! That would be a whole lot of fun and I'm sure I would learn much also!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...