Friday, May 2, 2014

PARSLEY, SAGE, ROSEMARY, AND THYME- CARD

Hi Everyone! It's Holly here today and I'd like to share a colouring outside the lines technique with you. This stamp set PARSLEY SAGE ROSEMARY AND THYME is the perfect companion to the cut file KISS THE COOK This is how I created this card.

I selected the cut file, then added an offset cut to make the mat for the words, and added two ovals. The words were cut from black card stock and the three other pieces were cut from white card stock. I used Brushed Corduroy DISTRESS INK to colour the mat and sponge the edge of the larger oval.

On the smaller oval, I stamped the herbs randomly using Jet Black ARCHIVAL INK and let it dry. Using Peeled Paint DISTRESS INK on an acrylic block and a dab of water, I painted around the herbs on the OUTSIDE edge. You can use Distress Markers if you prefer. Then, I followed up with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink and enough water to move the ink around, and completely colour in the background. Once dry, I sponged the edge of the oval with Shabby Shutters ink.



Random stamping, and using the same distress inks, created the background on the card base.
Peeled Paint was sponged around the edge, and all the pieces were attached. A little bling completes the card.

A lot of stamping, watercolouring, sponging....a perfect recipe for fun. The best ingredients come from Quietfire Design!

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial today, and give it a try. 
Thank you for stopping by!

7 comments:

Con said...

nice technique and beautiful project too! pin;) thank you -con

Art By Wanda said...

Really nice, Holly!!!

Dawn S. said...

Nice card. Thanks for sharing the technique!

Yogi said...

very pretty. nice contrasts. love the "kiss the cook" Have a great day

Anne said...

I adore this! It made me smile too! Such a beautiful project and superb technique! Thanks for sharing!

Jutta said...

Sweet card Holly, thanks for another fantastic background tutorial.

2dogs2luv said...

very, very nice; TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...