Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Make a Washi Tape Pennant Birthday Card

Hey there!  It's Suzanne today with a super simple birthday card to share!
 

I've been dying to play with this washi tape and since the name of the new stamp set is Happy Birthday Plain and Simple, I thought this was such a simple design that it fit the bill.  Once I found my stash of little kilt pins, this card took me about 5 minutes.  I'm not use to mounted stamps and it's different than using them on Tack n Peel, so I needed to practice a few times.  The mounted stamps also sit higher when I use the stamp positioner, so that took a bit of practice, too.




Supplies:
Quietfire "Happy Birthday Plain & Simple"
Washi Tape
Tim Holtz Wire Pins
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
Tsukineko VersaMagic Turquoise Gem
Mini Glue Dot






Instructions:
  1. Cut a piece of white cardstock to 10" x 5" and fold in half to create a 5" x 7" card.
  2. Open the pin. Cut a 5" piece of washi tape and fold it around the open pin shaft adhering the tape to itself.  Trim the tape ends into a V as shown. Close the pin.
  3. Stamp "Happy Birthday".  You can use whatever ink colour compliments your washi tape. Use a single Glue Dot to adhere the pennant and pin to the card as shown.
Quick and cute!  Thanks for stopping by!
Suzanne

6 comments:

nattyboots said...

Plain and simple ,but so effective i just love it !

I'm a Little Teapot said...

It is super cute! And I love that happy birthday stamp!!!

Heather said...

that is awesome, good on Suzanne.

Joni said...

I can see why that wash tape called your name…nice card, Suzanne!

Holly said...

Oh wow! How cute is that? Very nice Suzanne!

Charmaine Stack said...

I was a die hard plain rubber stamper for so long - but I think the mounted stamps would make them easier to store so for my next order I am going to give them a whirl and see. I love that fun happy birthday stamp!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...