Monday, June 17, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (LET THEM EAT CUPCAKES)- CARD

Hi Everyone! It's Holly here, with a card that says Happy Birthday, but you could just as easily stamp Thank You or some other sentiment stamp from Quietfire Design.
I relied heavily on the paper pad with its coordinating papers to pull this together. I chose papers from THESE DAYS by Kaisercraft. I added some ivory cardstock from my scrap bin and inked up all the edges on all the pieces with RUSTY HINGE DISTRESS INK 
Before inking, I cut all the pieces using Spellbinders dies:
CLASSIC SCALLOP- EDGEABILITIES created the edges for two long strips, and a small snowflake created the flowers. Any die with a small flower shape will work here.
If you noticed the shine in the base paper and the polka dots, you're seeing the gloss and foil on some of the papers in the paper pad. I really like how the papers coordinate with each other, making this a quick and easy card.
 
Thanks for looking!
 

3 comments:

Yogi said...

nice, have a great day

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Holly. I must do that with my scraps, and make up some simple, but really nice cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

Robyn said...

quick, easy and lovely- with this template I could create out of my recycle bin!
thanks Holly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...