Wednesday, May 1, 2013

HOME-CONGRATULATIONS CARD

Hi Everyone! Holly here and I'm very happy today to be bringing you a simple technique, and using the new stamps, HOME-CONGRATULATIONS from Quietfire Design. This fabulous set has five stamps relating to 'home'. I have a special fondness for anything home related these days, as we are in the midst of selling one and buying another. At least we hope we are.
So, on to the technique Faux Quilted Frame.
You may choose any shape frame you like. I chose the oval from Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large as it allowed for extra room around the sentiment for the quilting.
 
I also chose designer paper from Kaisercraft Magic Happens paper pack. The colours in it matched RANGER Distress Inks Dusty Concord and Milled Lavender beautifully. I lightly sponged a little around the cut designer paper and very lightly on the oval cut sentiment.
The sentiment and house design were stamped with Jet Black Archival Ink and set aside to dry thoroughly before sponging on the distress inks.
 
I cut 3/4" squares from cardstock coloured to match, and embossed the milled lavender pieces, using Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Imperial. Then, I assembled the card by attaching the designer paper to the top section of the card base and adhering the oval to the center of it. I laid out the squares, then glued them down.
 
Using the oval die and a black pen, I drew the faux quilting line following the edge of the oval. I outlined the entire card with faux stitching to complete it.
 
As promised, a simple technique that allows for lots of changes- use more than two colours for the squares, use one colour and different embossing designs, use design paper for the squares- change it however you like. Darker colours look better with white ink stitching. Just play and try things.
Thank you for looking today and I hope you try these great stamps and this technique, very soon!
 
 
 
 
 

 
 





7 comments:

CraftyJo said...

What a great idea - I've pinned it so I can find it again when I need some inspiration :)

Yogi said...

lovely. Faux stitching is right up my alley...
Have a great day

lizzie said...

love it

Robyn said...

another winner Holly.
how do you do it- and in the midst of moving, sorting, packing.....!!!
I can't wait to try this!

Quietfire said...

Wonderful card and technique Holly! And thanks for the tip about the Distress Ink matching the paper! Your 'stitching' is so nice and even!

Shirley said...

Inspiring!

Froggietalks said...

This is a very fun card :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...