Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Merry Christmas Wreath - Card

Hi there!  It's Suzanne today with a card using the calligraphic wreath from the new Snowflakes are the Butterflies stamp set. Oooh, where to start with this stamp.  So many possibilities!



I fussed quite a bit with design.  The more complicated it got, the less I liked it!  So I went simple colour coordination.

I really like the foiled script paper, so did my best to match it.  Olive green for Christmas - well why not!?

I'm always happy when I find one of the stamps unexpectedly fits inside a Spellbinders die.  This was a bit snug, but I didn't cut off any of the flourishes! It did work a bit better by turning the square into a diamond.

If the truth be told I had to finesse one of the flourishes which didn't quite stamp nicely - that's one of the great things about stamping with Distress Ink.  If it's not perfect, you can sometimes fix it with Distress Markers.

The wreath was stamped with Crushed Olive, but the colour blending around the edge was the darker Peedled Paint. I coloured the pearls using a few drops of Red Pepper Alcohol Ink.  Pretty nice effect, I thought! (Yes, I'm smug about the colouring!)

Thanks for having a look! Happy creating, Suzanne


Here are the thumbnail links to the products.



9 comments:

CraftyJo said...

This is beautiful Suzanne, I have that die and don't think I've ever used it just to house the sentiment like that! I always layer it up but it looks lovely the simple way you've done it.

Kathy Eddy said...

This is beautiful!

Francie in Montreal said...

Simply beautiful!

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Yogi said...

wonderful. love that die set. Have a great day

Robyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robyn said...

in this case, fussing paid off! the quote looks made for the die!

Froggietalks said...

Lovely card Suzanne. Love that the stamp fits inside the Spellbinders die :)

Holly said...

Very beautiful! I love the greens with stark white and the pop from the red pearls. Very elegant and how cool that the sentiment fits the die cut so well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...