Monday, October 1, 2012

Pumpkin Hugs & Kisses, Bugs & Hisses!

Yogi here: I really wanted to make a Halloween card with this pumpkin die I got a while back, plus I needed a Birthday card for a friend whose birthday - you guessed it - is close to Halloween. 

I also was only going to use the pumpkin for the card, but when I got to that point - I wanted MORE... so added the fence, sign post & leaves etc. and the card became OVERSIZED. But I'm enjoying looking at it as it sits on my table.

I scored and top folded my card and die cut, (Sizzix Tim's "Pumpkin Jack") off setting from the top slightly. Colored with Prisma colors, burnishing to get a glossy look to the skin, then rubbing with a tissue to really blend the colors. The stem I also colored with Prisma colors, then hit with a Perfect Medium pad and embossed with Distress Old Paper & a touch of Vintage Photo. Adhered it to pumpkin. This was where I was originally going to stop.

Die cut the fence (Sizzix "Fence") a couple times from white cardstock, sponged with Distress Old Paper, inked up one side of an embossing folder (Sizzix Tim's "Wood Grain") with Distress Frayed Burlap and ran the fence pieces through my machine. Adhered to card. Made another set just plain, adhered to the backside to add stability.

Sprayed Dylusions inks onto white cardstock (yellow, orange, lime & red), sprayed with water and let the colors merge, then dried. Sponged some brown all over, then embossed with Cuttlebug "Musical Flourishes", hit high points with my Perfect Medium pad and embossed with Stampendous a touch of "Olive" & "Bark". Die cut a bunch of Oak leaves (Sizzix "Leaf #4") and adhered them to the fence and some on the pumpkin.

Stamped the Halloween sentiment with Versafine Black Onyx on white cardstock, cut it with a decorative edge blade, sponged some browns around the edges, adhered it to a post using the same browns and then onto my card. Now the outside was done... BIG GRIN

Stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment on the inside with Versafine Vintage Sepia & hit some of it with the black pad. I love the two toned effect it gives.

Click on any image to see a larger version. Enjoy



4 comments:

Robyn said...

Fun and inspirational !
Love the two tone versa fine.
thanks Yogi!

BlackCats said...

Great idea for a Fall/Halloween birthday card.

Holly said...

Fun Yogi! Lots of great ideas to try- burnishing the Prismacolors and the way you made the leaves for starters. Great fall birthday card!

Quietfire said...

I love what you did with the stem and fence. I'm sure your friend will keep this forever!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...